Friday, December 13, 2024

EDUC 450 Reflection

 Hello twins.

The following is a reflection on my experience in EDUC 450.

I really cherished our Thursday mornings spent in the garden. It provided an escape from the frantic busyness of the BEd program as we got some fresh air in the garden. I really appreciated how unique each class was in the garden, and how nature was a central focus point of our learning. I can remember carefully sketching a tree at my sit spot or wandering through the dewy grass looking for flowers to match my paint colour palette. I don't really get to explore my artistic or creative side much and so activities such as writing poetry allow me to tap into a new side of myself. I appreciated how open our curriculum was and it was a very unique experience that didn't overlap with my classes. I think that my experience in 450 will stay with me when I look back on my experience during the BEd program and I'm grateful for the group I got to experience it with. The other major part of the course was the inquiry project and I thoroughly enjoyed researching and presenting on game-based learning. It is a topic that I have been passionate about for a while having used it in my own classrooms over the years. It was exciting to see the academic research supporting certain ideas that I had seen play out firsthand and it provided encouragement to continue implementing them on my short practicum. I also really enjoyed the presentations over the last 2 weeks and the diverse range of topics covered by my classmates. It was like a mini professional development workshop and hearing everyone's ideas was valuable to me.

Thanks for reading,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment