Friday, October 18, 2024

Exit Slip #7

Hello twins.

The following is a short gratitude poem I wrote in class while at my sit spot.


thank you branches

as you sprout and you grow

bearing leaves & gifts

home to those who crawl

 home to those who soar


I enjoyed exploring all the fascinating ways our bodies can be used for units of measurement. I'm not someone who typically utilizes such ways of measuring things so it was eye-opening to see how commonplace it was. It's intriguing to consider how the human body provided the first metric system for ancient civilizations and the level of accuracy that was obtained. I didn't realize how important measurement was in planting a garden so I was surprised when reading the back of the seed packages. I was slightly perturbed that they didn't provide exact values for distances but instead a wide range for each. I suppose there is considerable variability when growing crops and so one must account for this. I wonder to what extent gardening is an exact science like baking or is more based on feel. There must be some lack of control over how your crops behave due to the unpredictability of nature. At first, this might seem frustrating but I suppose that is where the beauty of imperfection arises.

Thanks for reading,

Josh


No comments:

Post a Comment